Thursday, July 30, 2015

DIY Notepad

Notepad is a must for me! I use it every single day. I write there my to-do lists, things to bring, phone numbers, etc.

A new semester started last month, so I need a brand new notepad. I look for a notepad at the craft store nearby, but I can't find the size and design I want. Since I'm a crafty gal, I've decided to customize my notepad.


Things you'll need are:



- Stack of paper
- Thin piece of cardboard


- Glue
- Paint brush
- Binder clips
- Precision knife / scissors
- Pencil

Steps:
  • First, you'll need your paper. You can use a plain paper, but if you want ruled paper you can print by clicking HERE. Once you've got your paper, cut it according to the size you prefer. Mine is 3.5 by 3.5 inches. 
  • Next, you'll need a cardboard (from Kleenex box, cereal box, or shoe box). I got mine from a shoe box. Using a pencil, trace the size of the paper onto the cardboard. You'll need two cardboards, one for the back and one for the cover. Cut it out using precision knife or scissors.




  • Stack your notepad. 1 cardboard goes on the bottom, stack of ruled paper on the middle, and 1 cardboard on the top for its cover. Tap the edges on a flat surface so that one side is as flat as it can be. 






  • Once they're all stacked nicely, secure it with a couple binder clips. You can also add another sheet of paper on top and bottom of the stack to protect the notepad from glue drips.

  • With the brush, apply 2-3 coats of glue on the side where the notepad will be held together. Let it dry completely.


  • Once the glue is dried, peel off the paper you put on top and bottom of the stack. Now for the spine, cut a strip of craft paper. Remember that the size depends on your notepad, mine is 1.5 inches wide and 3.5 inches long.
  • Place the strip of paper over the spine, and crease the edges to mark you spot. Glue the strip onto the spine of the notepad. Let it dry.



  • Done! You now have your customized peel off notepad!



❤️‍❤️‍❤️‍


No comments:

Post a Comment