Wednesday, July 8, 2015

DIY Corner Bookmarks

I've seen tons of these cute bookmarks on Pinterest. Since I'm reading a new book, I've decided to make my own bookmarks too :) . These bookmarks add a fun spice to your book's persona.



It's very easy to do, the materials are very basic and it can be made in less than 5 minutes. Let's start!



Materials:




- Paper  
- Glue/Paste 
- Pencil
- Ruler
Scissors


Steps: 


  • Choose a colored paper you want to make a bookmark from. Cut a 12 x 12 cm square. 

  • Using a ruler and a pencil, draw a template like this :




  • Use your scissors to cut out the shaded triangles. 

  • It should look like this:




    • Fold the two triangles with the guide of the lines.




    • Apply glue between them. Let it dry.


    • You can now decorate it in any way you want!.

    Here's mine :) 
    • I've decided to make a cute crocodile. I used colored papers and cut some circles to make an eyes. I also cut a zigzag for its sharp teeth.



    • I also added two small circles for the nose. I used glue to attach them. Tadaaa~ 


    Meet Mr. Croco :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here's more...
    • I've decided to create a lady bug design. I just did the same steps above on how to make this corner bookmark. The only difference is I flipped it over.



    • Using scissors, I cut the end in a curved shape. I used a black colored paper and cut an antenna shape. I used a black colored pen to add more details.


    • Sooooo cuteeee!



    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ... And more!

    • It's so much fun to do! So I've created more. Take a look :)






    What are you waiting for? Make your own too! You can browse on Pinterest to get some inspirations :) Don't be afraid to experiment. Good luck!  





    5 comments:

    1. Soooooo cuteeeee <3

      ReplyDelete
    2. The panda is so ughhhhhdorable!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Omg! I would want to try making this. It looks easy and fun doing it! Keep up the good work Jesse..Love from Canada ��

      ReplyDelete
    4. Loving this!! Keep up the awesome work
      Jesse

      ReplyDelete